In full disclosure, writing this post made me totally uncomfortable. As much as I love blogging, I actually hate writing about myself! It’s far easier to write about packing, destinations and beauty products.
BUT – I love reading these kinds of posts on other people’s blogs because I feel like I get to know the blogger just a little bit better. One of the best things I’ve gotten out of blogging is relationships with other bloggers, and the more you know about someone, the easier it is to find common ground.
And I figure since it’s been over EIGHT YEARS that I’ve been blogging (what???), it’s high time to get a little better acquainted!
So without further ado…
25 Things About Me
1. I have two vizslas. They occasionally show up in my instagram feed. Winston is 7, Dolce is 12, and lucky for me, they’re both champion snugglers.
2. I played on a men’s ice hockey team in college. Yep, you read that correctly. After growing up in Wisconsin this was very, very normal for me….but a bit unusual for my new friends in California.
3. I’m terrible at watching movies. I have the taste of a 15-year-old girl, and when I do actually watch them, I usually fall asleep.
4. My first trip overseas was to Italy at age 15. It got me hooked on travel!
5. Places I have called home: Madison, San Diego, LA, London , Melbourne, and Kyoto.
6. I have a black belt in tae kwon do.
7. I read every single night before I go to bed, no matter how late it is or how tired I am. I’m currently reading “The Opposite of Loneliness” by Marina Keegan. Amazing.
8. My parents’ names are Barbie and Ken. For reals.
9. I’m a cancerian, through and through. Sensitive, moody, and introspective. It’s like I was born to write!
10. In 2022, I quit my full-time job in healthcare to pursue blogging as my career. I get so excited to wake up every day and blog, blog, blog.
11. Guilty pleasures? US Weekly, Teen Mom, pepperoni pizza, Twizzlers, Britney Spears and beauty samples. But to be honest, I don’t really feel guilty about any of them.
12. My tastes in food are simple. At least that’s what I say – others might call me picky. Stuff I don’t eat: sushi, shrimp, lobster, mushrooms, olives, calamari and lamb. You can take the girl out of the Midwest…
13. I have a (not so) secret love affair with London and hope to live there again someday.
14. I’ll watch football, but only when one of my teams is playing. That means the Green Bay Packers, San Diego Chargers, UCLA, or University of Wisconsin.
15. A few places in the US I’ve never been but want to visit: Maine, North Carolina, the Hamptons, and the Florida Keys. Have you been? Send me your recommendations!
16. In addition to blogging, I am also a portrait photographer. I love photographing families and their special moments.
17. Although I was an athlete in high school, until about 10 years ago, I never worked out. Now I am a spinning and pilates regular.
18. One of my best talents is that I know the lyrics to almost every song I’ve ever heard. Seriously, try me. It’s just a shame that I can’t sing and that there’s really no other use for this “talent”. Like, at all. If you can think of something, please, please help.
19. I once hung out at a club in Vegas with Mark Cuban, and was unable to play it cool whatsoever. That’s right, I have no chill when it comes to celebrities.
20. I took Spanish from age 5 until I was 18. I can still speak it well enough to say what I need to say, but it might not be pretty. I would love to become fluent one day.
21. I don’t have a personal Facebook page. When I started this blog, I had to learn how to use Facebook, and I still feel lost all the time.
22. I don’t like camping but I love camping food. Bring on the hot dogs and s’mores! And you’re correct – that means you’ll probably never see any camping guides here on The Belle Voyage. I do love a good National Park, though. I’ll just be staying in a hotel, thanks.
23. If I’m not traveling, you can find me at home with my espresso maker or at the beach with my dogs.
24. I have a fascination with all things miniature.
25. Drink of choice? Champagne, of course. Ironically, when I had the opportunity to visit Champagne, France, I didn’t make it….because I’d had too much Champagne the night before.
So there you have it! Whew. I can relax now.
Ever written a post like this? Leave me a link in the comments section – I’d love to read it!
Wanna Learn to Pack a Suitcase Like a Boss?
Subscribe to download my three BEST travel planning resources:
- Travel outfit planner
- Pre-travel checklist
- Carry on packing list