In full disclosure, writing this post made me totally uncomfortable. As much as I love blogging, I actually hate writing about myself! It’s far easier to write about packing, destinations and beauty products.
BUT – I love reading these kinds of posts on other people’s blogs because I feel like I get to know the blogger just a little bit better. One of the best things I’ve gotten out of blogging is relationships with other bloggers, and the more you know about someone, the easier it is to find common ground.
And I figure since it’s been over a year that I’ve been blogging, it’s high time to get a little better acquainted!
So without further ado…
25 Things About Me
1. I have two vizslas. They occasionally show up in my instagram feed. Winston is 8 months, Dolce is 6, and lucky for me, they’re both champion snugglers.
2. I played on a men’s ice hockey team in college.
3. I’m terrible at watching movies. I have the taste of a 15-year-old, and when I do actually watch them, I usually fall asleep.
4. My first trip overseas was to Italy at age 15. It got me hooked on travel!
5. Places I have called home: Madison, San Diego, LA, London, Melbourne, and Kyoto.
6. I have a black belt in tae kwon do.
7. I read every single night before I go to bed, no matter how late it is or how tired I am. I’m currently reading “The Opposite of Loneliness” by Marina Keegan. Amazing.
8. My parents’ names are Barbie and Ken. For reals.
9. I’m a cancerian, through and through.
10. The first trip I took with my now-husband was to NYC. Believe it or not, he had won the trip as part of winning the Showcase Showdown on the Price is Right. The flight and hotel were paid for, but we ended up eating pizza for almost every meal since we were poor students!
11. Guilty pleasures? US Weekly, Teen Mom, pepperoni pizza, Twizzlers, Britney Spears and beauty samples. But to be honest, I don’t really feel guilty about any of them.
12. My tastes in food are simple. At least that’s what I say – others might call me picky. Stuff I don’t eat: sushi, shrimp, lobster, mushrooms, olives, calamari and lamb.
13. I have a (not so) secret love affair with London and hope to live there again someday.
14. I’ll watch football, but only when one of my teams is playing. That means the Green Bay Packers, San Diego Chargers, UCLA, or University of Wisconsin.
15. A few places in the US I’ve never been but want to visit: Maine, Texas, North Carolina, the Hamptons, and the Florida Keys.
16. I work in the biotech industry and this blog is my creative outlet.
17. Although I was an athlete in high school, until about 5 years ago, I never worked out. Now I am a spinning and pilates regular.
18. I got food poisoning on my honeymoon and so did my husband. Thankfully our villa had two bathrooms otherwise I’m not sure we’d still be married.
19. I once hung out at a club in Vegas with Mark Cuban at his table, and was unable to play it cool whatsoever. That’s right, I have no chill when it comes to celebrities.
20. I took Spanish from age 5 until I was 18. I can still speak it well enough to say what I need to say, but it might not be pretty. I would love to become fluent one day.
21. I don’t have a personal Facebook page. When I started this blog, I had to learn how to use Facebook, and I still feel lost all the time.
22. I don’t like camping but I love camping food. Bring on the hot dogs and s’mores!
23. Karaoke is one of my favorite weekend activities. My go-to song? Hungry Like the Wolf.
24. I have a fascination with all things miniature.
25. Drink of choice? Champagne, of course. Ironically, when I had the opportunity to visit Champagne, France, I didn’t make it….because I’d had too much Champagne.
So there you have it! Whew. I can relax now.
Ever written a post like this? Leave me a link in the comments section – I’d love to read it!
Wanna Learn to Pack a Suitcase Like a Boss?
Subscribe to download my three BEST travel planning resources:
- Travel outfit planner
- Pre-travel checklist
- Carry on packing list